Our passion is to inspire and excite young artists imaginations and talents. We teach with a limitless, process-based approach where each artist always has complete creative license.
REGISTRATION FORM (pdf)
ART CLASSES 4 week sessions:
WINTER I JANUARY 1/6 - 1/30
WINTER II FEBRUARY 2/3 - MARCH 3/5
SPRING I MARCH 3/10 - APRIL 4/2
- Expanded Exploration 5-9's
MONDAY or TUESDAY
4-5:30pm $100 per session
- Art Exploration 4-5's
TUESDAY 10-11am (or) 1-2pm
$80 per session
- Mommy Me 2-3's
WEDNESDAY 10-11am $80 per session
2-3’s MOMMY AND ME Join your 2 or 3 year old in our studio for a range of open-ended, age appropriate and hands-on art explorations. Each art class offers new experiences for your child to learn and develop new skills. Kids will learn about color and texture while exploring painting, printing, building, gluing and collage. Parents will learn what they can do to nurture visual creativity for their children at home. Classes are kept small and personal.
4's ART EXPLORATION Drop your 4 year old off for a fun one hour multi-media class of concentrated artistic process and individual visual expression. Projects are a bit more complex and designed for four year olds. Classes are kept small and personal.
5-9 EXPANDED ART EXPLORATION Children will experience age appropriate projects in an exciting, artistically stimulating, non-competitive and nurturing environment. An introduction to art techniques is taught in a variety medium explorations including watercolor, oil pastels, acrylic and poster paints, photo, print and pattern collage, 3-D sculpture, booking making, mobiles, installations, decorating, sewing and textiles.
7-10's ADVANCED ART EXPLORATION
Techniques and mediums are a bit more sophisticated and challenging. This class is really great for older kids of any age as well as those who have already been challenged with the expanded art classes.
• Registration is complete only with the signed return of permission form and full tuition.
• No refunds will be made for withdrawal after the first class.
• 50% of tuition will be refunded for withdrawal after registration prior to the first class.
• BEEHIVE ART does not provide make-up classes and does not pro-rate for late enrollment.
• Worrying about keeping clothes clean inhibits the creative process. Your child should be dressed in clothes that can handle paint and glue. We do not provide smocks. All paints and mediums used are water soluble and washable yet we discourage the use of smocks and aprons as it inhibits the child’s mobility and therefore creativity.
• Due to the nature of our 2-3 's program we ask that only one adult accompanies your child during the class.
• Snow Day Policy: If the Wayland Public School System cancels school or has an early dismissal due to bad weather conditions then the studio is CLOSED. However, the studio meets at regular class times if Wayland has a DELAY.